Website Wednesday for Realtors
Having a quality website as a real estate agent is a must, it is just as important as having a fantastic social media presence (Which we discussed in a previous blog!).
Having your own personal website allows you to:
- Demonstrate your expertise in the industry!
- Educate your clients!
- Connect with your community by being a local “go-to agent”!
- Most importantly, it allows you to establish your own brand!
In fact selling yourself is the biggest reason to have a website!
Pro Tip: Share photos and talk about your experience, personality, family, and more on your website. At the end of the day your clients are not buying a home from you, they are buying YOU!
First and foremost, do not attempt to be a “Mini Zillow” or “Mini Trulia”!
These sites have the market cornered for home searches, and you are not going to take away from them. In fact Zillow is ranked as the number one real estate website globally, with over 142 Million visits in the last 6 months alone!
Your website needs to make it extremely easy for clients to do business with you!
The strategy for your website.
Your website should be a resource for your clients. Include functions on your site that make it easy to do business with you, such as:
- A Mortgage calculator.
- Lead/contact forms on every page.
- Free resources that demonstrate you are someone who is giving back.
- A free report on the value of your home.
- A free guide on how to stage an open house.
- A free checklist on what to look for when buying a home.
SEO is a HUGE deal!
- Make sure that if people Google your name they find your website. You can control your name and personal site, but you cannot control your Facebook or your Zillow.
- Don’t try to compete with big terms, such as “Homes in Lancaster, CA”. It will take too much time and money, and you will not be successful, however, you can be successful with your name.
Remember: Make it easy for people to refer you and share your website.
Pro Tip: Some of our most successful clients talk about themselves, they show their listings with a nice visual slide show, and they make it easy to share.
When people are making a decision about real estate, they are not making it alone, they are bringing their friends and family and spouse into the conversation, and you need to make your information easy to share with them. You need to sell yourself to your clients, and they in turn need to sell you to their friends and family. If you do not make it easy for them to share you with their circle, you can lose the job to someone else that they do trust!
Remember: At the end of the day your clients are not buying a home from you, they are buying YOU! They are going to be buying a home regardless of whether you are involved in the transaction or not!
Blogging and Videos are a great way to show your brand!
- Blogging and videos show your personality.
- You do no have to blog everyday, or even every month. But having blogs present on your website, will help clients connect with you on a more personal level.
- We highly recommend including a short video welcoming people to your site
- You should include a short video on every page of your website.
- Some people read and others listen; you want to speak to both!
Things to Remember…
- Do not try to compete with Zillow or Trulia!
- Show your personality!
- You want to make yourself a resource to your clients, and you can do so by offering FREE things!
- You want to make it easy for people to do business with you.
- You need to get client’s contact info, so include a lead/contact form on ever page.
- SEO is extremely important!
- Your job is to sell yourself!
Grab our FREE Direct Marketing Toolkit, which includes all of the content we covered today and a bunch of other helpful resources to get you going!
If you would like the Branning Group to help you with your Real Estate website, fill out the form below or call us at (661) 946-0888