Thorough Thursday: Real Estate Marketing Case Study
A thorough marketing plan is imperative for the success of any real estate agent. Through this blog we will discuss three essential topics that will bring success to any Realtor who follows them.
- Lead Generation: It all begins with you being able to talk to people.
- Getting Referrals: It is all about building your own brand. People have to recognize you and your name. This is where a lot of realtors drop the ball.
- Building Leads: Facebook is where we have seen the most success.
We Recommend: The Branning Group recommends that you create your OWN Facebook page that is separate from your personal page.
Your Facebook Page:
- Fill out all of the information, including the link to your website, email, phone number, and any other relevant information a client may need.
- Upload as many pictures as you can, not just of listings, also include photos of yourself and family. (Show that you are a person!)
- Post consistently, at least 3-5 times per week.
- Create a calendar to plan your Facebook posts for the upcoming month ahead of time.
Follow the 20/50/30 Rule!
- 20% Personal Posts! Create posts that are simply promoting you. This helps create a sense of trust and gives people a reason to buy a home from you.
- 50% Fun Posts! Create fun posts that people will enjoy sharing or engaging with. Such as “National Doughnut Day” or a funny meme. Social media is about being SOCIAL.
- 30% Expert Posts! Create posts that demonstrate that YOU are an expert in your industry. Consider posting articles related to the real estate industry, moving and packing tips, real estate terms your client should know, etc. These types of posts make your audience feel like you are not just posting because you want a sale, but because you want to create community.
Pro Tip: You want to attract audience by doing giveaways and Funnels
The Branning Group does two things to help our clients get referrals:
- Post Reviews: We create posts from the reviews clients have left for you on Yelp, Zillow, Facebook, etc. The kind words and case studies others have said about you are then being used to build you up!
Pro Tip: It’s not about you talking about how great you are, it’s about your past clients and audience saying great things about you! This has a much larger impact!
- Send Out Cards: We LOVE using Send Out Cards! Send Out Cards are personalized custom greeting cards with gifts attached to them, sent to clients as a way to say thank you. We use Send Out Cards even for just setting an appointment with us!
Pro Tip: The more cards that you send the more money you will make, because of the personal touch!
Getting your own app is crucial!
When you give out a business card people will usually lose it or throw it away.
But an app with your face and name, it is easy to remember and find! You can make it searchable in the iTunes or Google Play Store.
If you are a realtor who wants to build leads, it is imperative that you begin to build your brand. However, this is something most realtors do not focus on.
How can you build your brand?
- Personal Website: Have the Branning Group create for you a great looking and informative website, that functions easily.
- Personal App: Get yourself an app (we can help!). Make sure your app is easy to use has all of your correct info, and is up-to-date with great photos!
- Custom Hashtags: Use custom hashtags related to you. Such as your name, slogans, locations, etc. Hashtags carry throughout the various social media platforms.
- Think about what makes you different from the other agents out there?
We Recommend: The Branning Group recommends that you use the same picture or the same post. The more your clients see a certain logo or picture with your link, the more it will be in their head and become familiar with them. This is what brand recognition is all about!
Remember: When building your brand it is EXTREMELY important to establish your target demographic! You need to find out who your target audience is before you craft your message
Pro Tip: When you craft your message, try to get people to “Activate” or engage with the post, like, share, comment, etc.
Remember: The real estate market is geared toward specific regions. When working at building your brand, talk about what is happening in your local community. People want to see that you know and are invested in the local area.
Pro Tip: Talking about your community on your Facebook page and website is crucial. It shows you are an expert not only in real estate but your community, and that is crucial when building your brand!
Grab our FREE Direct Marketing Toolkit, which includes all of the content we covered today and a bunch of other helpful resources to get you going!
If you would like the Branning Group to help you with your Real Estate social media marketing needs, fill out the form below or call us at (661) 946-0888